Monday, September 5, 2011

Wakeboarders' World: The Beginning Part I, Scene I, Act I

Hey

Welcome to Wakeboarders' World. I hope you live, breath, eat, sleep, talk, walk, swim, and sh#$ wake boarding. If not you're in the wrong place. On second thought even and especially if you don't care for wake boarding at all, stay tuned. I might just change your mind. I am creating this blog and coinciding website for my acc 255 class at Illinois State University. What does that mean, and why should you care? Ill tell ya. It means that for the next 4 months I will have the pleasure of bringing you all that is wake boarding, and you will hopefully have the pleasure of benefiting from my own personal wake boarding expertise (I do have some I swear). My site and blog will also serve to enlighten you about what's going on in professional and collegiate wakeboard news as well as which products perform like they should and which perform like dog squeeze. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or you would like me to discuss a specific topic PLEASE contact me and let me know. This is my first time blogging so I'm all ears.


I feel like I should give you a short background on my own personal wake boarding expeditions, history, and maybe even a current arsenal of tricks just to establish a little bit of credibility. So come along with me.

-I have been competitively waterskiing for about, let's say, my entire life. I started wakeboarding when I was about 15 but only got the opportunity to board behind a wakeboard boat (I occasionally used a high pole) once or twice before I joined the ISU Wakeboard Team in 2008. The jump up to using actual wakeboard boats really helped excel my boarding to where I am currently (even though I am still mostly using waterski boats).

So here is an idea of where I am at currently (as far as my better tricks):
-Hs backroll ~~ hs backroll to revert ~~ switch hs backroll to revert
-Ts backroll ~~ ts backroll to revert
-Scarecrow ~~ switch crow
-Tantrum ~~ indy tantrum (working on the whirly bird and the blind landing)
-Railey ~~ Krypt (working on the hoochie glide)
-hs 360 ~~ ts 360 (with grabs and backside)
-hs 540 ~~ ts 540 (off axis also)

No comments:

Post a Comment