Friday, November 4, 2011

Sports Illustrated Meets Wakeboarding

Now, as far as I know, wakeboarding has not been represented much in Sports Illustrated in the past. However, the mainstream sports magazine is finally recognizing the rapidly growing sport in the form of a 14 year old boy. That's right, 14 year old Noah Flegel from Lighthouse Port, Florida was named Sports Illustrated 2011 SportsKid of the Year and even found himself a spot on  the cover. I'm 22 and this kid has already been on the cover of a major magazine more times than I have. I gotta get at it I guess.

I'm not sure exactly how good this kid is for a 14 year old, but apparently he has a 900 in his bag of tricks. So I am guessing he is not bad... And judging from the picture on the front cover I have to assume he can also do a OHH (Other Hand Hoochie); just a guess. He also has two first place titles from last summer, one from the WWA World Championships and one from the WWA National Championships. If that's not enough, he also had a third place finish in  the pro men’s skim division at the World Wake Surfing Championship. Needless to say, I'm impressed. 

Noah will have the honor to stand alongside the 2011 Sportsman of the Year, to be announced December 6th, at the ceromony taking place in New York in early December. If that's not enough, he will also be honored in 2012 during an appearance on Cartoon Network's "Hall of Game Awards." Be sure to check sportsillustrated.com to find out the 2011 Sportsman of the Year, and remember the name Noah Flegel. I have a feeling were going to be hearing a lot more about him in the upcoming future.

No comments:

Post a Comment